- This is a tried and tested approach to early childhood education – enjoyed by children throughout the world for over 100 years.
- At our Montessori Nursery School we aim to nurture all aspects of the child’s personality helping him thrive not just academically but also socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- Good use of Montessori philosophy and practice encourages children to be self-motivated individuals – playing, learning and working with joy and purpose.
- Before the age of five children learn best by doing rather than being told. Children attending Montessori Nursery schools learn and are taught without realising they are doing so. Whilst they feel they are playing or exploring their environment, seemingly doing as they please, they are laying solid foundations for later learning.
- In the Montessori environment, everyone (adults and children) is expected to be the best they can be. We speak and listen to one another kindly and politely, we use our hands for helping not for hurting, we leave things as we would wish to find them and treat people as we would wish to be treated.
By having high expectations of our children and modelling these ourselves we achieve high levels of self discipline and good behaviour.
- In our Montessori Nursery School we aim to help lay the foundations for all our children to develop a lifelong love of learning.
- In the mixed age Montessori classroom the older children are sympathetic to and nurture the younger ones and the younger children stretch themselves to gain the abilities of their older friends. Respect, kindness and patience become qualities shown by the whole group.
Useful Montessori Resources